Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Awaited Arrival

Pierce John Welch woke his mother early this morning and although we had not planned on him for at least another week or two we were excited to welcome him to the world 16 days before his due date.

We tried to wait until the kids woke up but finally called our neighbor over and headed to the hospital around 6:40 AM. We went to the brand new Bellevue Medical Center that we can see from our house. It was a good thing that we did not go further as she was already completely dilated at check in. By the time they got her IV started and sent labs they felt there was no time for an epidural, so despite Allison's advocacy for epidurals she went without any pain medication at all. They then broke her water and she was ready to push. And push she did, one time. That is right, after 1 push and less than an hour after leaving our house Pierce was born.

Date: 8/10/2010
Time: 7:37 am
Weight: 6 lbs 3 oz
Length: 19.5 inches

















And of course here in Nebraska the volunteers make the new babies their first Cornhusker paraphernalia.

14 comments:

Devon said...

WOW... Congratulations!!! He is absolutely adorable! And what a great labor... 1 push, incredible! I love how excited Olivia is in the pics... her baby is finally here. Too cute. Congrats to the family of five!
Devon

Shane and Amy Jo said...

I think you are the best baby laborer/birth-er (that's a word, right?!) EVER! You are amazing. He is beautiful. And I love all the pics with the 3 kiddos together...especially love Olivia's face in the first one. Genuine excitment for sure!
Congrats on becoming a family of 5.

Tiffany said...

Wow! I am so JEALOUS that you had such a quick labor at the hospital! I bet that was nice. Enjoy him. The pictures are absolutely adorable.

Jamie said...

Congratulations!! I love all his hair -- he's just adorable! Glad everything went well!

SD said...

Congratulations guys!! That is great news, what a beautiful baby!

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

YAY! Congrats! Love the family pics of 5 :-) He is precious! So excited for you guys. Wow, Allison, you have the fastest labor I have ever heard of!!!

Leslie said...

Congratulations~! I loved showing Jack the pictures of Austin and Olivia with Pierce. Gives him something to look forward to!

Brenda said...

Awesome! Allison, do you remember the moment at which you realized you were not getting the epidural? I still remember that moment when we arrived too late with Katie on the way.

Kristine said...

Congratulations! He is beautiful (and so are you!)

Best wishes from all the Manwarings. Hope your recovery goes well.

Patti said...

Allison and family,

These pictures are wonderful! Olivia is so excited and Austin already so brotherly. I can't believe how beautiful everyone is in the pictures, especially Allison! We'll have to do something about the Corn Huskers part. I guess I will have to get down to business on the afghan!
Grandma Carter

Abbey said...

WOW!!! I am so glad he is here! I think I tried calling you, not knowing Pierce had arrived. Way to go Allison! We are thrilled for you!

Candis said...

Of course he is beautiful!!! And you were meant to have babies!!!;)

JoAnn said...

OH- MY GOODNESS!!! I am soooo JEALOUS that you went soooo early!! I want to be 16 days early!!!

I AM glad you and baby are soo healthy, and you had a quick labor too!! sweet! I love having quick labors!!

I am excited to see him grow, and see if he looks more like you other kids, or you... take care!

Alicia said...

Lolli!! He's beautiful! I can't believe you went 16 days early, that's wonderful! =) And so fast...that's like my dream...but I'm sure it was super crazy in the moment. You look beautiful in the pictures and your family is just so darling. SO happy for you! Hope you are sleeping and feeling well - I hear 3 kids at those ages is as crazy as it gets! =)

Oh, and it was so fun catching up on your blog, I've been totally blog-absent for months with moving and everything, so happy things are going well.

Love ya! And congratulations!