Friday, June 11, 2010

Seven Months Pregnant and . . .

Well, our Nauvoo trip was a major success. Fortunately, we got home in time to pick up our dog, let him out to go potty, and shut the back door just before a major storm hit. We had fun decorating hard hats and wearing them while tornado sirens sounded and 70ish mile and hour wind picked up and moved our trampoline. Although I got most of our luggage unpacked after the tornado warnings went off, I failed to pick up all the shoes I placed at the bottom of the stairs that needed to get brought up.

The next morning, I'm holding Olivia and, of course, trip on the shoes. Since I don't really want my entire 7-month-pregnant body to fall on Olivia, I twist around and land on my back so that she'll be okay. Fortunately, Livi and baby Welch are fine. Unfortunately, I broke my foot. I'm now 7-months pregnant in the heat of the humid summer wearing a cast. Just what I always wanted.

I guess if you're looking at the bright side, my foot has superseded how uncomfortable it is to be in your third trimester. I can tell you that watching me struggle to put on a pair of support hoes has to be a funny experience. I can barely reach my toes and when I do, my foot hurts badly enough I grunt and make noises the entire time I'm pulling up the sock. Austin asked me what's so funny, I told him I'm not laughing, I'm hurting.








4 comments:

Huszar Family - Idaho said...

Oh Allison, I am so sorry! You poor thing! Hang in there, call me for moral support!

Candis said...

Oh allison, I'm so sorry! What a crappy thing to happen right now. Your toes look way cute! And, by the way, you look amazing! Pregnancy looks amazing on you...but hey what doesn't:)

JoAnn said...

Oh- man!!! that stinks! what a great mom you are- taking one for the little ones! Don't worry about wearing any kind of socks it's to hot for them anyway!
I hope you heal quick!

Mamma Mia said...

I want to see pictures of you in the support hose with the cast.