
"Blue" was one of Austin's first words. It has always been his favorite color and I think he's been a little bit sad that we painted the playroom blue but not his. So on Monday night, during our night time prayers, I thanked Heavenly Father for his blue room (thinking about his cute blue furniture) and Austin interjected, "and thank you for my white walls, and I don't really like that color, it's not my favorite color." Nathan and I decided it was probably time we gave him some blue walls. So on Wednesday I let the kids watch a little too much TV while I worked like a crazy woman turning his room blue. After showering--but before putting on clothes--Austin, Olivia, and I went into Austin's room to take the tape off the baseboards and ceiling. Somehow I managed to lock us all in his room (with drying paint on the walls). We had no idea when Nathan was getting home and I couldn't call my neighbor to help because I wasn't dressed. Fortunately I called Nathan and he was just leaving the hospital so we only had to wait about 20 minutes for him.
I was worried the blues of his furniture would clash with the wall paint but I think the finished room actually looks quite perfect for a silly little boy who loves the color blue.
6 comments:
awww that is so cute! I love it!
Cool room. Me and Maisy want to come over and play. I'm sorry we keep missing each other by phone. I wish we could just get a half-gallon of ice cream and catch up like the good ole' days.
That room is TOO cute! I think the furniture matches perfectly with the walls!
What a fun mom you are, you are constantly reminding me to enjoy being a mom and just really get into things with the kid(s).
You are such a good mom! Decorating your kids' rooms all cute!
Oh, it looks darling! Good job! Is that the Ikea furniture? It is so cute and always tempted me when we lived by Ikea. What a fun room to grow and learn and imagine! You are such a great mom.
couldn't call your neighbor because you weren't dressed?
I am so confused...
Post a Comment