My first "hmmm" moment is looking at a beautiful sunset. This is how our back yard looks just about every night.
My next "hmmmm" moment is our beautiful, mellow, growing baby boy.
Olivia's hair. . . I should win some sort of award for pulling that off on a 2-year-old; Olivia should win an award for allowing me. Yet again, another content "hmmm."
And now for the other "hmmm," as in "Things that make you go hmmm."
I woke up one morning and realized both kids were downstairs with no parent. Oh yikes. Austin and Olivia had decided to make mommy and daddy breakfast.
1st Step: Get out all the ingredients you'll need. Rice milk, check; baking soda, check; fish sauce, check; ginger, check; bouillon cubes, check; cinnamon and sugar, check.
2nd Step: Spill large amounts of baking soda on the floor.
3rd Step: Mix all together.
I must admit that I was quite impressed that the mess wasn't any bigger, that they skipped the fish sauce and were liberal with the cinnamon and sugar, and that they found the mixing bowls, whisks, and other kitchen supplies. Good job kiddos!
And now the last thing that made me go "hmmmm." I decided that Austin needed to work on his fine motor skills. So I got out a large paper, made columns, and put a shape in each column for Austin to practice drawing. Fun right? The following picture illustrates what happens when mommy decides that her child will do something without the child necessarily being on board (he was working on circles by the way).
Hmmmm. . . .
One last cute story: Today I worked with Austin on basic rhythms, fine motor skills, moving quickly, and cleaning. I worked with Olivia on cooking, counting, and the letter A. I worked with Pierce on smiling, cooing, and saying "mama." Daddy also decided to teach Olivia (keep in mind she's 2 1/2).
Daddy said something was good.
Olivia: "Don't you mean well?"
Daddy: "No I mean good. Well is an adverb. Good is an adjective. This is a good phone, it works well."
Olivia: "Oh."
I love that Nathan is such a good daddy. For his love and companionship, I am truly grateful.
5 comments:
LOVE IT!! Especially love that the kids were going to add marshmallows as well! Can't wait for them to come cook at our house;)!
What cute little moments. Gotta love them!
Love your stories! Too much fun! Love your family picture too! We should try and get together soon!
I love what a good om you are, you always see the big picture and let your kids be kids while still educating them and helping them grow at the same time.
I am really thankful that when Alison surprises us by making us breakfast it is either eggo waffles or everyone's bowl filled with their favorite cereal. But I'm sure you enjoyed yours too!
Post a Comment