Saturday, June 5, 2010

Olivia's 2nd Birthday






There is something very special about 2-year-olds. Their faces and bodies still have some adorable baby fat but they are beginning to look and talk more like mini adults. Thank goodness they are so cute, I truly believe part of their survival depends on their parents complete adoration for them in spite of their actions. With that in mind, I decided to make Olivia a Devils Mudslide Cake. Not only is a Devils cake aptly named for this age, but it was pretty delicious if I do say so myself.

Olivia's favorite color is pink but I'm beginning to think that she's confusing purple and pink. So I'm not sure which one is really her favorite. However, it would be safe to assume she prefers both those colors to others. Liv is the ultimate mother already. She has three baby dolls that she devotedly carries around with her daily. Whenever we read pictures books, she immediately finds all the baby pictures in the books and dwells on them to the frustration of her brother. Olivia loves her brother. She adores her daddy and need her mommy.

Wisdom from a two-year-old:

Olivia: "I'm a mean guy."
Austin: "No you're not, your a nice girl."
Olivia: "Mooommyyy, Austin said I'm not a mean guy. Yes I'm a mean guy Austin."

Mommy: "Olivia it's time for bed."
Olivia: "No it's not silly goose. I'm not tired, I'm happy."

No comments: