Monday, December 22, 2008

Thanksgiving at our House

When Father Carves the Duck

We all look on with anxious eyes
When father carves the duck,
And mother almost always sighs
When father carves the duck;

Then all of us prepare to rise,
And hold our bibs before our eyes,
And be prepared for some surprise,
When father carves the duck.

He braces up and grabs a fork
Whene'er he carves a duck,
And won't allow a soul to talk
Until he's carved the duck.

The fork is jabbed into the sides,
Across the breast the knife he slides,
While every careful person hides
From flying chips of duck.

The platter's always sure to slip
When father carves a duck,
And how it makes the dishes skip!
Potatoes fly amuck!

The squash and cabbage leap in space,
We get some gravy in our face,
And father mutters a Hindu grace
Whene'er he carves a duck.

We then have learned to walk around
The dining room and pluck
From off the window-sills and walls
Our share of father's duck.

While father growls and blows and jaws
And swears the knife was full of flaws,
And mother laughs at him because
He couldn't carve a duck.

By E.V. Wright



What a delicious, tender looking turkey. Well it was pretty delicious and tender, so tender in fact, that it was still dripping blood in the middle. I'm thinking that my sample of Costco's precooked turkey tasted mighty fine--maybe next year.

Tiger and his cousin Ladybug (Eliza).



I'll probably look back at this picture in a few years and think she's only pretty cute but for now she takes my breath away. Her temperament is even sweeter.


Yes, Tiger really is licking Papa Rob's head. I'm not sure how thrilling that was to Papa Rob.




What happened to my little baby boy? He's getting bigger every day. He no longer wants to be called Little Tiger. He is now Big Tiger or just Tiger (with the exception of when he's super hero).



Aunt Katie got Tiger a "super hero kit." Now he can run around the house shouting, "super hero to the rescue!" It's very cute.



1 comment:

Kari Dawn Edmunds said...

I love the posts! You looks so beautiful and the kids are DARLING! I could eat Austin up in that sweater he is so handsome and Olivia is too cute with her little ponytail! I wish we lived closer so our kids could play together. I know they would be great friends! Can you even imagine the fun with your little Nathan Jr and our Ryan Jr.?