Saturday, April 5, 2008

Our New Arrival

Presenting
Olivia Grace Welch


Olivia was born at 12:17 pm today. Nathan got to catch her and be the one to announce that "its a girl" She weighed 7 lbs 1.6 ozs so with rounding 7lbs 2 oz. She was 21.25 inches long.

We would have been happy whether it was a boy or a girl, but we only had a girl name decided on so that was nice. Some have asked about the middle name Grace. This was a nickname that Allison was given by some of her teachers when she was young. She has always wanted to use the name as a middle name since.



Allison did a terrific job- two pushes. She arrived at the hospital dilated to a 7. Things went quickly after that.



Austin was concerned that Mommy, Daddy, and baby had wrist bands on, so the staff hooked him up with one too.

Austin has been saying "Baby Out" for a while now and now gets to play with his baby.


It is hard to believe the pregnancy is over and we have a new addition in our home. We feel so grateful that all went so smoothly.

Allison's last pregnancy picture.

AUSTIN TURNS TWO

Austin was sick on his birthday so celebrations were postponed.

Soon he was feeling better.




Below is Austin's reaction to turning off Diego.
Luckily he got a Diego present for his birthday

Austin on the Harmonica

EASTER SUNDAYAustin and his cousin Eliza play

Eliza and Chaco
Austin on the egg hunt

8 comments:

twoplustwins said...

Congratulations on the new arrival! Will Austin's wristband let him get the baby whenever he wants?

Odell Family said...

Wow! These past couple of months have been very big for your family. Congratulation on a beautiful baby girl. Allison, TWO PUSHES!!!! That's incredible. You look so great in your pregnancy and post delivery pictures. And Happy Birthday to Austin! He looks so much like Nathan.

Natalie said...

What great looking family! What a fun new addition!

Dallin said...

Congratulations!! She's beautiful, and, as you know, I absolutely LOVE the name! Couldn't be cuter. Lolli, you are so beautiful! I'm so jealous that you looked to good after giving birth. I can't wait to hear how you're doing, but I'm sure things are a little crazy right now, so I'll wait for the dust to settle.

Lots of love,
Maxx/Leesh

Dallin said...

Oops, sorry, I guess my brother's google account is the one signed in right now, just wanted to clarify that that last comment and this one are, in fact, Alicia, your bosom friend, not a random person. =)

KT said...

My favorite part about all these pictures is the fact that you PUT MAKE-UP ON to take the picture of you at the hospital. Most girls look terrible, but you're all, "Hey guys, giving birth was soooo not a big deal, in fact, I even had time to make sure I looked hot for the photo shoot." Ha ha! I love it.

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! Way to go Allison--two pushes--amazing! Olivia looks so cute and healthy. Have a blast (and good luck getting any sleep now)!

Chester B. said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see her in person! Love, Ali and Ryan